The Art of Storytelling, for The Guardian/Zenith
16,Wed Oct 2019
2 Television Centre , London
NOTE: This write up was posted after the event. People in advertising are just as interested in storytelling as journalists: 40 of them came to this talk. Wondering what exactly they were looking for, I asked them. Several put their hands up, requesting tips on how to:
- Sell ideas
- Communicate in ways that feel “concrete, less all over the place”
- Be inspiring
- Have more engaging and memorable meetings
- Be clearer, and improve understanding all round
- Persuasion (generally, not just in sales)
- How do you plan a story, and get to the outline?
- How do you deal with people trying to jump ahead in the story?
- What simple techniques can you share to help somebody who is thrown by difficult questions in a meeting?
- Can you give an example – a good example! – of people using storytelling to get a pay rise?
- How do I stop being self-conscious in front of people?
Sorry, Event Expired